TSDC Dance Levels
The Dance Level System.
|What is the level system?||The dance level system is a process designed to insure that the student is placed in the proper class. The student will then receive the proper instructions based on the student's age, experience, and ability.|
|Why the level system?||This system promotes the development of the highest quality of dancers. It permits the most effective delivery of training. It does so by placing the student in the most appropriate class in order to maximize the student's development and success.|
|How does it work?||The student's level is determined by 3 factors:
1. Student's age and school grade ** (See table below)
2. Student's experience in dance
3. An evaluation of student's dance technique by a
committee of faculty members from TSDC.
|When is the level assigned?||The student is assigned a level when:
1. When the student first enrolls at TSDC
2. At the beginning of the dance year after re-enrolling at TSDC.
3. Students may also be reassigned to a dance level
during the dance year.
|Where?||Evaluations are performed at TSDC by its faculty.|
TSDC's Dance Levels
|Dance Level||School Grade||Dance Level|
Up to 3
|Grade 1||1||Grades 8 & 9||Teen 1|
|Grade 2||2||Grades 10,11,12||Teen 2|
|Grade 3||3||Grades 8-12 &